Monday, March 28, 2011

Finding it all!


Last August, we had a film making workshop with Madhusudan Agrawal.  I would say he’s a film maker with a difference.  I would not talk about him here, more because he is a person to be met and experienced.  So during one of those sessions, he had said something that struck me as the most important part of the whole exercise.  He had said, “Whatever film you make, in fact whatever you do, you need to find the ‘chi’ or ‘che’(pronounced as shi) in it.  It is the soul of your work and that’s what makes it worthwhile.  Whatever you do, the soul of your work has to be there to make it a great piece of work!”

I had thought, ‘Hmm. That means my life needs to have the chi too.’  Since then I have been in the process of discovering it.  

26th March, 2011, I was on my way back from Mumbai.  I had gone there purely for my own selfish need.  To see how I would fit in a place I heard so much about. To live and experience life there.  If you have been reading my posts, you would know that I did not really like my stay there.  It was hectic and my time with my own self was scarce.  But something changed my thoughts about Mumbai.  Something that made me re-think about the dream city.

It is really funny how things just walk into your life.  All through your life, you run behind things and suddenly, when you are least expecting anything, bang! It just pops up in your life and it seems like it was never missing.  It may be people or things that you thought you would never ever confront.  It would be events that would change your life forever.  All you can do is be dumbfounded, then be happy and savour the moment. 

In the process of finding the ‘chi’ or ‘che’ of my life, I think I have come across something that could be it.  The probabilities are more.  The excitement is more.  And so is the process.  I think I have found it.  All I am waiting is for it to be confirmed. 

3 comments:

  1. I have line quoted from the movie "Dil Dosti Etc." said by Imaad Shah...


    Ab Kya Manzil aur Kya faasle….
    Lagta hai sab fark mit gaye!

    Hum apni chahat ko pane ke liye kya kuch nahi karte
    Lekin sab daav par laga kar bhi kuch mile
    Toh Lagta hai humne zindagi se yeh to nahi manga tha!

    Think! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You havent read it well, dear. I have said that i got it all without asking for or knowing it. Thats my point. :)

    ReplyDelete