Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Peek-a-boo writing


See what I said in my very first post.  That’s exactly what is happening, all over again.  Irregularity in writing!  I mean my last post was on 22nd September.  Since then, I have not got what I call ‘the urge and surge’ to write!!! Sad, isn’t it??

Uh oh! Don’t think I haven’t asked people what to do with this.  The last I asked was the illustrious Shobha De.  This happened on 11th October, when my batch was ‘exclusively’ invited for a ‘personal’ tête-à-tête with her, along with some other 100 people.

After her impressive speech and a war between my brains and heart, I put out the rather personal question to her.  I asked her, if long bouts of gaps between my ‘urge and surge’ to write is a good or a bad sign.  I had put out the question exactly as this, after my heart gave approval for its contents and my brains, for grammatical errors and required modulations of voice.

And she, being Shobha De- author of books like Spouse, Surviving Men, Socialite Evenings etc., asked me a counter question.  She asked me what I did during the gaps.  People laughed, I laughed and rephrased my question, she rephrased her reply and I sat down, still as clueless or you can say, more clueless than before. 

All through the evening and the next day, I was pondering over whatever reply she gave me.  Should I be a little acidic and say, ‘Oh she’s Shobha De, the I’ve-to-poke-my-nose-in-everyone’s-life writer? Or should I just keep mum and forget all about it thinking she made fun of me but what the heck, who knew me there anyway?!  Honestly, I am more than ever confused about my writing.

(Sigh) All I can say is anyone who is reading this, if they have a solution to my ‘peek-a-boo writing’ trouble, please comment here. Oh, but I would be able to thank you only after some days, ok!

2 comments:

  1. hey girl. see, u asked shobhaa de a question and she answered it truly in her style. it doesnt matter if people laughed or whtever. but wht she said makes sense. wht is it thts stopping u from writing? wht is it tht keeps u so busy tht u forget to write? all u have to do is keep writing once a day or twice a week or sthn to keep it alive in u. i know u. so i know tht u have a million thoughts in ur head.put it down.whether in this space or else where. just do it.good or bad or mundane. keep writing.maybe once u get into the groove u'll enjoy writing more often than u do.

    ReplyDelete
  2. shobha de "dobi" che bey!

    topic idea for your next post:
    why the hell we write a radio script?;)

    ReplyDelete